Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sunday Kind of Love

“And my arms need someone, someone to enfold, to keep me warm when Monday’s and Tuesday’s grow cold. Love for all my life to have and the hold, Oh and I want a Sunday kind of love.”– Etta James

My husband and I just celebrated our second anniversary. The actual anniversary was on Sunday, July 26th, but we took a whole weekend to celebrate. On Friday night we stayed at a fabulous Bed & Breakfast in Providence, UT. The Providence Inn was our first experience in a Bed & Breakfast but I think it ruined us for regular hotels. Yes they can be a bit pricey but the hospitality, the people and the food not to mention the beautiful rooms and grounds make paying a little extra totally worth it. Saturday morning we drove over the mountain and played in Bear Lake for the day. The weather was great and we got a little too much sun as we lounged on the water but it was great to be able to laugh and relax. We drove home Saturday night after enjoying a western version of Romeo and Juliet and then still had Sunday, our actual anniversary to enjoy each other’s company, friendship and love. It was a much needed break from the normal routine.
We have found that even though we don’t have kids yet there are still several things like: work, school and church activities, to name a few, that pull us away from one another. Although we always try to connect even if it is just for a few minutes over the phone or before I fall asleep at night it never seems to be enough. It was wonderful to have a whole weekend of him all to myself. I hope that it doesn’t take a whole year before we take the time to show our love and appreciation for one another because having him in my life is one of the best things that has ever happened to me and I am grateful that our love will last beyond Saturday and Sunday and will continue for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment