Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Fun, Fun, Fun

“You’ve been thinking that your fun is all through now, but you can come along with me ‘cause we gotta a lot of things to do now.” - Beach Boys

The other day I passed a young boy on the street near my home riding his bike. I asked him if he was having fun and in a way that only a child could, he replied, “Yes, it’s part of my daily routine.” Now I don’t know if he was referring to the bike riding or the having fun but his comment struck me. I had to stop and ask myself if I had “fun” in my daily routine. I always plan the work and the chores and the un-fun stuff to make sure that it gets done but I don’t always take time to do something enjoyable for myself on a regular or daily basis. I miss being a kid and having great summer activities like bike riding, trampoline jumping, hop scotch and running through the sprinklers. However, as I think about it, there are still plenty of activities that I could enjoy I just don’t always plan time in my day for them. So my challenge to myself and to you would be to take the time to enjoy the summer days that we have left and put some fun, fun, fun, any way you can, into your daily routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment